Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow


Both Essence and Catrice launched a line of cream-to-powder eyeshadow hybrids that boast with an intense metallic finish and strong pigmentation. I heard raves about Essence's version, most notably from Adjusting Beauty who's already posted her review of these. I think since L'Oreal's Infallible eyeshadows we didn't have anything similar in our drugstores, though these are even creamier than L'Oreal's so they are something completely new to me.

 
Texture: These are very creamy powder eyeshadows and when you swatch them with fingers the surface dents under pressure, so it looks kind of like play-doh, but it's not quite as soft. They swatch strongly metallic and pigmented, though on the eyes, at least mine, they don't manage to look as intense without a creamy eyeshadow under it. These are very shimmery and glitter particles tend to end up everywhere, but I mean that during application, while it doesn't tend to fall off once it's on the eyes. I can't pick these up with a brush, the formula is just too creamy, so I apply them with fingers. I blend with a fluffy brush and it works great, but these can be blended with fingers too.

01 Zink About it

Zink About is a shade that's similar to Satin Taupe and the likes. It is a mauve-taupe, though this one looks more reddish in the pan than most such shades, but it still ends up looking more purplish-brown-grey on the eyes. 

02 Ironic

This looks gorgeous swatched, a great beige-gold shade, but on my lids it looks too washed-our gold. It's more of a topper for me than a proper eyeshadow shade I'd wear on its own.


Staying Power: I have normal lids and almost nothing creases on me, but this formula is so creamy, it starts to crease quite fast. It's still on my lids for a long time, but creased if I don't use a base. 


Price and availability: I got mine in Müller, price is 3.39 €


As nice as these are and I'm glad Essence finally offered something like this in our drugstores, I'm not as in love with these as apparently most. The texture is addictive and they are fun to play with, but I'd prefer if the shimmer was finer in these as now it ends up everywhere. I will use these as a topper over a cream eyeshadow for a glamorous look. 

Have a nice day!
Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow Reviewed by blogsott on October 19, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.